List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Data files for KVocTrain
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-20 1:51:12

On Friday 19 April 2002 07:20 am, Ewald Arnold wrote:
> that's true and sharing the codebase is even better :-) In the long (or
> mid) run one should for example think about creating something like
> "libkeduwords" to do such central things just once. As far as I know there
> are about 9 more or less language related apps in kdeedu that could benefit
> from a common backend. And the users could benefit from using the frontend
> they like most.

Again, agreed.  My first goal will be getting FlashKard to play nice with
KVocTrain from my code base, but I certainly think that at some point in the
not too far future it would be nice to have a standard vocabulary related
format and codebase, and the best candidate at the moment seems to be kvtml.

There may need to be some consideration since FlashKard for instance isn't
specifically a language app (One of my goals is that it can be used for other
types of vocabulary.), but I think this is something that can be handled
eventually.

I'm moving to Germany in 10 days, so the next 2-3 weeks will be pretty busy
for me, but after that I should have some time that I could help with this (I
already have a lot of things that I'm going to try to get done before I
leave.).

Ewald, are you interested in helping with something like this or are you
trying to stay out of this type of stuff for now?

Cheers!

-Scott