List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Kig + KOffice
From:       dominique devriese <domi () living ! pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-04-16 22:30:03

Op dinsdag 16 april 2002 11:43, schreef Anne-Marie MAHFOUF:
> Hi Domi,
>
> About the KOffice dependency, I don't think it is good for a kdeedu app to
> depend on KOffice.
> What you should do in that case is to have a configure option
> ./configure --with-koffice
> or something like that.

yes, i thought about that too, i'm thinking of using the KoXXX classes, but
providing my own simple replacements if the user doesn't want KOffice
support...
seems somewhat like a waste of time, though
I'll think about this

> That way you leave the user free to decide how to build Kig.
> I don't know however the amount of work you would have to put to have the 2
> possibilities: a normal Kig and a normal+KOffice enabled Kig.
>
> Anne-Marie
bye
domi

ps: cvs access is rather cool, by the way, i've just fixed a bug in
KNewsTicker that had been annoying me for some time now :)