List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] QLabel help
From:       Karol Szwed <kszwed () latcs2 ! cs ! latrobe ! EDU ! AU>
Date:       2002-01-26 9:19:41

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 January 2002 08:03 am, Primoz Anzur wrote:
> > Greetings!
> > I have stumbled on a quite aa big problem, and I have no actuall clue, how
> > to solve it :(
> >
> > In KMessedWord, this is qute a problem, because it really looks bad :( I
> > wanted to set transparency, just like in KDE / Qt2, where there was a
> > complete solution with QLabel::setAutoMAsk(bool), which is somehow broken
> > in Qt3... Does anyone have any idea of the complete replacement or is there
> > any function to make the lablel transparebt?
>
> You may want to look at how I did the "Game Over" screen in KLines.
> ( kdegames/klines/linesboard.cpp )
>
> Note that I don't use a transparant QLabel since I couldn't that to work, but
> then again I'm not that much into that kind of stuff. Maybe gallium knows.

I did a hack in konqueror for the "location" label in
the toolbar. Using this method you inherit from QToolButton, and
re-implement drawButton (see kdebase/konqueror/konq_actions.cpp,
'KonqDraggableLabel' class). (I would personally like to see a
QStyle::SC_ToolButtonBackground, but this is not up to me to
decide.) I wish setAutoMask actually worked, although font antialiasing is
probably the main reason why this does not work as expected anymore.

Kind Regards,
Karol