List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [Kde-edu-devel] Kalzium
From:       "carsten niehaus" <cniehaus () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-12-18 8:29:28

Hi George.

Yesterday I had the time to finish a lot in Kalzium. I have added:

- colors for the different blocks
- The option to show the PSE of the time when Mendelejew wrote down his PSE
- Menubar
- Info about the block and about the weight
- Right-Click-Information
- Left-Click-Information (a dialog)
- deleted unneccessary includes
- different details

Today I want to add:

- colour-configuration-dialog for the block
- the possibility to change the colourmode (eg devide between
Metal/Metalloid/Non-Metal)
- give Kalzium more information (orbits, metal/non-metal, Melting Point....)
- improve the dialog a lot (tm)

As you can see, I have a lot of plan. So far, Kalzium already looks nice.

> I the attached code sets the background colours of the element buttons.
> If you know how to set foreground colour, you can add it easily.

Will have a look, might be that I already done that job...

> > The name Kalzium is german for Potassium.

Opps: Kalzium is german for Calcium. Kalzium is german for Potassium ;)

> You can use my quiz class, which generates a series of questions in random
order
> about seven of the properties of the elements in the periodic table. The
questions can
>  be about the first n elements, where n is user selectable, and are of the
form, given
> all the details of the element except one, what is the missing detail?
>
> I hope I can use your code in Table?

Sure!

Carsten

PS: I have released Kalzium-0.2 today. Better take that code or wait some
days.