List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [Kde-edu-devel] VERSION string
From:       Jason Harris <jharris () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2001-12-12 1:29:16

Hello,

I have yet another silly question...

I noticed that the KStars about box claims it is version 2.2.1, when it is in
fact version 0.8.  I tracked this down to the KAboutData in main.cpp, where
the version string is now "VERSION", which is defined in the admin directory
to be "2.2.1".

Is it OK if I override this and use my own version string?  Is the best way
to put "#define VERSION 0.8" at the top of main.cpp, or to just put "0.8"
directly in the KAboutData constructor?

thanks,
Jason
--