List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-edu-devel] strange bug report
From:       Chris Howells <chrish () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-12-09 14:35:49

On Sunday 09 December 2001 2:26 pm, Jason Harris wrote:

> "kstars: error while loading shared libraries: kstars:
> undefined symbol: polish--7KDddialog"
>
> I figured he was linking to the wrong kde libraries, but I had him send me
> the output of "ldd /usr/bin/kstars", and it looks fine, from what I can
> see.
>
> Has anyone else seen this error message?

Is he running the HEAD version of KStars? And the HEAD version of kdelibs?

It sounds like binary compatability in kdelibs broke, and he updated that, but
didn't recompile KStars.

So, tell him to update kdelibs and kstars, recompile kdelibs, and then
recompile kstars.

--
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, howells@kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP key: http://chrishowells.co.uk/pgp.txt