List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [Kde-edu-devel] Please developers, READ carefully
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annma () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-21 12:12:00

Hi all,

Andy (tap) pointed out to me on IRC that there is a problem for the data
files to be translated. That concerns all the files that we install in
$KDEDIR/share/apps/app_name/.

Éric Bischoff, who coded KTuberling, explained me how he dealt with that
problem.

In your code, enclose the name of the english file inside the i18n()
function. The i18n() function tells the system to deal with translation. Then
use the locate function with the standard KDE dirs.
For a sound:
soundName=i18n("glasses.wav");
 KAudioPlayer::play(locate("data", "app_name/sounds/" + soundName);

In the kdeedu/app_name Makefile.am, only the english stuff is installed.
data_DATA=glasses.wav ............
datadir=$(kde_datadir)/app_name/sounds/en

To get the sound in another language, say in french.
The Makefile.am in kde-i18n/fr/data/kdeedu/app_name
should contain the following:
data_DATA =lunettes.wav ....
datadir = $(kde_datadir)/app_name/sounds/fr

Please report any problem, success...... on the list!
Thank you,

--
Anne-Marie
annma@kde.org