List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-edu-devel] kdeedu module: the sequel
From:       Ewald Arnold <ewald () ewald-arnold ! de>
Date:       2001-11-16 19:55:23

Hello,

> So, if anyone needs help getting their project ready, I can offer
> documentation writing,

as for the docs I was lucky enough to find two people doing the conversion to
docbook for english :-) After that I have to update them to the current
state, and I guess I am the only one who should do that.

>some simple icon work (I'm no artist, but I was able

I appreciate _every_ idea for better icons. If you can improve one of the
existing icons or know something better please do it ;-)

> or even coding.  Let me

kvoc contains all the features I wanted to add for the next release and
basically everything seems to work again after the port to qt3.

But there are some things I need help:

* I am uncertain about some of the dialogs, especially the query dialogs. I'd
like to have feedback about look and feel. Either you run them in the app or
just in qtdesigner. If you have a suggestion you might send a *.ui file to
the list.

* The key shortcuts in the tabbed dialog pages don't work. I used basically
the same code for the kde1 version which worked fine, so I assume that there
is some slight change in qt2, probably very simple but I couldn't find it
till now. If I invoke a single page for it's own (without the tabbed-dialog
as container) the shortcuts work.

* I want to enable inline editing for the first and second column to select
the lesson and the state of the row by doubleclicking. Unfortunately my first
attempt does not work:

--snip

void RowTable::setCellWidget ( int row, int col, QWidget * e )
{
  kdDebug() << "setCellWidget " << row << " " << col << " "
            << (long) e << endl;
  kdDebug() << ((QLineEdit*) e)->text().latin1() << endl;
}

QWidget *RowTable::createEditor(int row, int col, bool initfrom) const
{
  kdDebug() << "createEditor " << row << " " << col
            << " " << (long) viewport() << endl;
  QLineEdit *edit = new QLineEdit( viewport() );
  edit ->setText("hello inlineedit");
  return edit;
//   return 0; // No inline editing
}

--snap

When I perform a doubleclick I see the following which is basically ok but
the edit field dos not appear at all.

kvoctrain: createEditor 2 0 138131072
kvoctrain: setCellWidget 2 0 138209872
kvoctrain: hello inlineedit