List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [Kde-edu-devel] kvoctrain.pot missing, i18n problem
From:       Ewald Arnold <kvoctrain () ewald-arnold ! de>
Date:       2001-11-02 10:48:42

hello,

I am facing two problems related to po files:

- kvoctrain.pot is missing in templates/kdeedu. I fixed an error two days ago
but it still does not appear.

- I would like to add some hints for translators. So I tried the i18n-call
with two parameters that I found it in other sources. Unfortunately xgettext
extracts only the first parameter. I checked with other Makefiles but
everything looks similar. In one Makefile I found $(EXTRACTRC) but this
expands to nothing on my machine.

When I call "make messages" on my machine not *.pot file is created so I
added another target which includes "-k18n -ki18n_noop". Is there something
hidden in the $(XGETTEXT) macro that only appears on the kde server? At least
$(podir) seems to be so.

Here is what I am using currently:

i18n_files=  query-dialogs/*.cpp \
             *.i.c           \
             $(spotlight2kvtml_SOURCES) \
             $(kvoctrain_SOURCES)

messages:
	$(XGETTEXT) `ls $(i18n_files)` -o $(podir)/kvoctrain.pot
	-rm *.i.c

i18n-local:
	$(XGETTEXT) -ki18n -ki18n_noop `ls $(i18n_files)` -o kvoctrain.pot
	-rm *.i.c

Ewald

--
Ewald Arnold, Germany