List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: access row number in labplot worksheet formula
From:       Alexander Semke <alexander.semke () web ! de>
Date:       2020-10-17 8:40:12

Hello Julien,

On Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2020 22:08:53 CEST Julien Cubizolles wrote:
> I'm currently switching from SciDAVis to labplot, and I'm really
> satisfied with it so far.
Nice :-)

> There is however one functionality I cannot
> reproduce so far. In SciDAVis, you can access the row number in the
> formula used to calculate values for a column. For instance :
>
> col("1",i+1) in a column
>
> will populate each cell with the value from the cell just below in
> column 1.
>
> Can you do the same in Labplot ? The dialog for the formula in labplot
> doesn't seem to offer such a feature.
at the moment we support column based calculations only and our parser for=
 the
formulas doesn't have any support for row/cell accesses.

We need to add this in near future. Until then you'll need to calculate th=
values outside of LabPlot and copy the values into the spreadsheet or
calculate them in a CAS-worksheet inside of LabPlot with octave or pyhon, =
etc.
and plot the results in LabPlot. Some examples for this approach were give=
n in
https://labplot.kde.org/2016/07/23/labplot-2-3-0-released/.

Best Regards,
Alexander