List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: KVoctrain
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <a-m.mahfouf () lineone ! net>
Date:       2002-06-13 9:18:17

Hi,

> Maybe I can do some other tasks: validate bugreports, userinterface
> design, ... ?

Yes, please do so :)

> What I dont get is: why is there no concept for the educational packes.
> At the moment it looks like a loose collection of existing applications.

yes, of course it does. But please keep in mind that we started KDE-Edu last
September so it's not even 1 year old! Developers code during their spare
time, for free and if you code in Java you know how sometimes coding can be
time consuming.

If you have a concept that we can easily apply, please submit it. What we
don't need is: why don't you do this and that, regarding some fancy ideas we
all might have but are not possible to do.
What we do need is: take all the kdeedu existing apps (from CVS HEAD as this
is the latest development) and tell us how to improve them.

I was asking feedback on the edu-devel list about KLatin. I took over KLatin
to try to improve the interface and on this page you can see the screenshots
of my improved KLatin. If you have some time, you could run the existing
KLatin and tell me if I should go ahead with the new one.
http://annma.topcities.com/klatin/klatin.html

Programs like KLatin or KEduca, KVoctrain are really difficult to do GUI
speaking and we already discussed a lot about how to do them without coming
with a good design.

annma