List:       kde-docbook
Subject:    Re: poxml ready for prime time
From:       Lauri Watts <vampyr () atconnex ! net>
Date:       2001-02-28 18:00:01

On Wednesday 28 February 2001 18:24, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>  Frederik Fouvry wrote:
>  > | I have a list of single tags and a list of cutting tags.
>  > | cutting tags are things like para, note, caution, etc.
>  > | White space is simply converted to a simple space -
>  > | allowing for consequenceless (does this word exist? :)
>  > | reformatting in the english docs.
>  >
>  > There are some elements where the whitespace is important (equivalents
>  > of PRE in HTML).  As far as I remember, they are literallayout,
>  > synopsis, screen and programlisting.  (To make it more complicated
>  > again, that's not necessarily the case too for elements nested inside
>  > these ...)
>  >
>  > Sounds great otherwise!
>
>  Can you give me a real life example? I've seen screen, but it only seems
>  to be wrapping other tags.
>
>  Greetings, Stephan

Stephan, here are some I pulled out of existing documents:

From kdebase/doc/khelpcenter/support.docbook

<literallayout>
Matthias Hoelzer
KDE-Verein i.G.
Account-Nr. 2798296

Staedtische Sparkasse Wuerzburg
Hofstrasse 9
97070 Wuerzburg
Germany
BLZ 790 500 00
SWIFT-Address: BYLA DE 77
</literallayout>

From kdenetwork/doc/kppp/index.docbook

<screen>
Expect       ogin:           <lineannotation># remember, we do ordinary
terminal login</lineannotation>
ID           ""              <lineannotation># kppp sends the id you
configured in
the main dialog</lineannotation>
Expect       for userxyz:    <lineannotation># a list of available numbers is
shown, the user should choose one</lineannotation>
Send         userxyz-home    <lineannotation># the user wants to be called
back
on their home number</lineannotation>
Expect       ogin:           <lineannotation># The callback process is now
running, a new connection, and so a new login.</lineannotation>
ID
Expect       assword:        <lineannotation># Now send your
password</lineannotation>
Expect       &gt;            <lineannotation># Wait for the command prompt
(the
prompt may vary)</lineannotation>
Send         start_ppp       <lineannotation># this command starts the
pppd</lineannotation>
</screen>

and same document:

<screen>
Send                            # send an empty string
Expect           ID:
Send             itsme
Expect           word:
Send             forgot
Expect           granted
Send             ppp
</screen>

and from kdevelop/doc/tutorial/index.docbook

<programlisting>-&gt;  #include &lt;qpixmap.h&gt;
-&gt;  #include &lt;qpen.h&gt;

    class KScribbleDoc
    {

-&gt;    	protected:

-&gt;        QPen currentPen(){ return pen;};

-&gt;    		int penWidth()
-&gt;    			{ return pen.width(); }

      public slots:
        void updateAllViews(KScribbleView *sender);

    	protected:

-&gt;    		QPixmap buffer;

      private:
-&gt;    		QPen pen;
        /** the modified flag of the current document */
        bool modified;</programlisting>

Hopefully these help some

--
Lauri Watts