List:       kde-docbook
Subject:    small changes in docbook css settings
From:       Bernd Pol <bernd.pol () online ! de>
Date:       2006-06-05 22:06:24

Hi all,

this is one I disliked for years now. The <guilabel>, etc. backgrounds
as defined in the KDE 3.5.3 CSS are barely visible. These markups would
make more sense if these were a bit darker, just visible enough to have
the item stand out yet keeping the texts legible. I found  rgb (240,
240, 240) far better suited.

Also, the <application> markup should be more meaningful (again ?). I
set it to font-weight: bolder here which makes more sense to me in
most texts.

I'll attach a small screenshot to illustrate. There Cancel and OK are
marked <guibutton>, and htdig is an <application>.

If you agree, I could commit this change in
share/doc/HTML/en/common/kde-default.css

Bernd

["docbook-css-alternative.png" (image/png)]