List:       kde-doc-english
Subject:    Re: [kde-doc-english]Re: Spelling and grammar corrections
From:       Malcolm Hunter <malcolm.hunter () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-25 16:23:41

> I'm certainly stating the obvious: there are quite a few acronyms which
> are spelled totally inconsistent. People apparently can not even agree
> on how to spell standard KDE apps (Kdm, KDM, kdm ...). I'd be glad if
> the proof-reading team could change this situation some time.

I'm currently building up a list of words that need to be made consistent, so
far I've come across these:

Application names! eg KMidi KSpread

Sidebar         (Side Panel?)
single click
double click
preset
restart
menubar
toolbar
scrollbar
formula bar
file size
whitespace
uppercase
task manager
real-time
anti-aliasing
grayscale
high scores
CPU
RAM
POP
MIME
FTP
DPI
bpp or BPP?

e-mail => email / Email
folder => directory
can't / can not => cannot

I think it would be best to wait till the next release as it will hit the
translation stats quite heavily.

Regards,
Malcolm

--
The PROOF of the CODING is in the READING