List:       kde-doc-english
Subject:    Re: [kde-doc-english] new guy
From:       Burkhard =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2008-11-27 22:11:15

Am Donnerstag 27 November 2008 21:38:43 schrieb tic:
> Hello everybody,

Hello Manfred, I'm glad to read your mail.
This list was really low traffic the last months.

> in accordance with winterz I did enter my name on
> https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE4#KMail because I think
> that I know it quite well after many years of use. And because the handbook
> needs a revision very badly :-)
>
> Meanwhile I had my first steps into the KDE documentation system and pride
> myself on finding the correct meinproc executable that would actually build
> an html output for me :)
>
> Now, I'd like to know where to actually send my revisions of the various
> kmail-docbook files that need to be reworked. Is that in general the
> documentation team or better the kdepim-team. Or would the
> documentation-team forward the revisions to the kdepim-team themselves?

Please send it to this list for several reasons:
- it's our job to manage the documentation
- we are in documentation freeze since a few days, see
https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.2_Release_Schedule#November_25th.2C_2008:_Documentation.2FHandbook_Freeze
 so it is not possible to commit your work to trunk at the moment. But if your
changes are in the list archive, someone can pick it up and commit it when it
is possible.
- the general rule is no docbook updates for minor releases (x.y.z) without
permission from the translators (kde-i18n-doc@kde.org).
Reason for that is that a change of one char in a docbook makes it impossible
for many teams to generate their translated language docbooks.
But don't worry, I am confident to get your updates into 4.2.2, maybe even
into the 4.2.1 release.
I have managed a lot of documentation backports in 3.5.y, 4.0.y and 4.1.y; and
I will do backports for 4.2.y too.
As I am the documentation coordinator in the german translation team, I should
know how to handle this.

--
Burkhard Lück