List:       kde-doc-english
Subject:    Re: [kde-doc-english]Attn all: Markup Changes
From:       Frederik Fouvry <fouvry () CoLi ! Uni-SB ! DE>
Date:       2002-01-28 8:57:54

| I hate saying that too, but similarly, I think it would be better to remove
| many smileys (*) and jokes from the doc, even if they won't offend anyone.
|
| It would give a much more professional touch to the documentation.
|
| Many translation teams already told me they were removing them
| systematically. Yes, Linux and KDE are fun, but they also need an image of
| being ready for the enterprise.
|
| Comments, opinions?
|
| (*) For those who recently landed from planet Mars, the smileys are those
| funny sequences of punctuation:
| 	;-)
| 	:-)
| 	:-/
| etc...

Inasmuch as I have a say, I'd like to see them go too.  It just
looks so much better without them.  Smileys have been introduced
to make texts shorter.  No need to do that in documentation; take
your time to express what you want to say, and the reader will
be grateful.

--
Frederik Fouvry		-	fouvry@coli.uni-sb.de
KDE DocBook Team	-	kde-docbook@master.kde.org