List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Panel Applet: occupying the entire panel height and retrieving
From:       Shlomi Fish <shlomif () vipe ! technion ! ac ! il>
Date:       2001-09-01 9:39:29

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> #if Shlomi Fish
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am writing a KDE panel applet and I have those problems:
> >
> > 1. At the moment the applet has a very large border, which I'd like to
> > remove in order to get something like the News-Ticker applet.
>
> What is your applet derived from ? QFrame ? If so, see the QFrame docs
> for how to remove the border.

Actually, it is derived from KMainWindow. Should I use QFrame instead.

> > 2. I'd like to know how can I get the current height of the panel.
>
> It's slightly more than the height of your applet.

OK. Thanks.

> > It is based on the source code of klipper.
>
> Hmm, klipper isn't an applet.

What do you mean by that? I do see it on the panel.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

> Rik

Shlomi Fish        shlomif@vipe.technion.ac.il
Home E-mail:       shlomif@techie.com

A more experienced programmer does not make less bugs. He just realizes
what went wrong more quickly.