List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kio-concept
From:       Tobias Wollgam <tobias () wollgam ! de>
Date:       2001-09-01 8:34:15

Hi,

I have problems with KDEs IO-concept!

Sometimes applications hang up and never come back to live, because the
io-slave is dead or busy or ...

so Kate and I looked with strace and saw that it waits in a read-call ->
forever dead. I think this behaviour is a little bit stupid, because I have
to restart KDE to use kate again.

Kate is only one example, Konqueror as major application too. (ok, here I
could open a new instance of Konqueror, but the dead ones are still on screen)

IMO this concept could not be a replacement for multithreaded gui.

KDE is great, but I think that this is the biggest leak KDE has.

greetings