List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror 2.2 does not get through firewall
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-01 2:52:10

Hi Andreas,

On Friday 31 August 2001 12:45, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hello Dawit,
> > Hi Andreas and Jon,
> >
> > Is there any way you guys can find out the proxy-server you are using ?
> > Has either one of you complied from source ?  If so, I can tell you how
> > to get the debug statement from the.  If not can either one of you do
> > that ?  You only need to compile the "kdelibs" with debugging enabled.
> > I am afraid it is not possible to solve this otherwise.
>
> I compiled it from source and I will compile it with debugging enabled
> again. No problem.
>
> > I have only physically tested proxy support with Squid which works fine
> > for me for both http/https though one user has https over proxy problems
> > with a similar setup.  Anyways, if either one of you can compile from
> > source, if you have not already, then I can tell you the steps involved
> > in generating the debugs statements needed to trace the problem.
>
> I'm waiting :-)

Add the following entries to your $KDEHOME/share/config/kdebugrc file
(where $KDEHOME is you KDE config directory...)

[7103]
InfoFilename=/tmp/http-debug.log
InfoOutput=0

[7113]
InfoFilename=/tmp/http-debug.log
InfoOutput=0

Alternatively you can do ALT+F2 and type "kdebugdialog --fullmode" to get a nice
dialog that allows you to configure this stuff without mucking around in the config
file yourself.  In the dialog, you have to do is redirect the debug output for the
"Information" group and do it for both the 7103 and 7113 debug areas...

> > BTW, what kind of proxy are you guys using ?  That is, do you set the
> > proxy config stuff manually or is it set automatically through a
> > configure script ?
>
> I've Squid/2.4.STABLE1. I tested the proxy-configuration on two ways:
> via PAC and direct. Both don't work. I'm using different proxys for https and http.

Well it works with Squid for me, however, I use the same server for both http/https ;
so that is where the issue might be :)  Anyways send me the debug output at your
convienence, the sooner the better since it is a 3 day holiday here in the US.

Regards,
Dawit A.