List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KInstaller, first alpha console version
From:       Kent Nguyen <kent () mslinux ! com>
Date:       2001-08-31 4:36:27

Hi,

I initially posted two questions:

1)  Whether to use thread or global timer for non-blocking GUI programming?
2)  How does one run KPart as superuser?

I can answer 1) now.  I will use thread.

For 2), I don't know.

I've written an alpha console installer.  It doesn't do dependency yet.  It
will force rpm installation.  For the brave of heart here it is:
http://www.mslinux.com/software/kinstaller.html

If you want more detail how the installer works, let me know or just ask
question.

Thanks,
--  kent

-- Kent Nguyen --