Hi, I initially posted two questions: 1) Whether to use thread or global timer for non-blocking GUI programming? 2) How does one run KPart as superuser? I can answer 1) now. I will use thread. For 2), I don't know. I've written an alpha console installer. It doesn't do dependency yet. It will force rpm installation. For the brave of heart here it is: http://www.mslinux.com/software/kinstaller.html If you want more detail how the installer works, let me know or just ask question. Thanks, -- kent -- Kent Nguyen -- Linux and KDE in every library http://www.mslinux.com/research/library >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<