List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: starting to write a KDE auto-installer
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-08-22 10:41:08

On Tuesday 21 August 2001 09:13, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
|   It's a catch 22 issue:
|
|   Most of what I've seen in terms of what i've seen in terms of
| distributions update simply, to tell the truth - sucks..
|
|   I had problems with yast and yast2 on SuSE 7.2. I had problems with URPMI
| on Mandrake, And Redhat's up2date doesn't even carry new stuff - only
| security or emergency updates..

Hmm.
Isn't
#rpm -Uvh *
the command designed to upgrade packages?

At least I am using it on my Linux-Mandrake 7.2 and 8.0.
And can tell you: it works!
I am running KDE from ver. 1.93 (2.0 pre-beta), and following all betas (and
even some alpha's :-)

|   So - that brings us back to an installer that needed...
|
|   Hetz

BTW: what are the problems with URPMI?
You can send short description of them to Cooker <cooker@linux-mandrake.com>
list, I guess maintainer of this package will be able to fix it.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)