List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KLauncher says: "Unable to create io-slave"
From:       Jay Oliveri <ilnero () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-08-17 5:02:53

I'm working on a freenet IOSlave.

When I try to test the slave with a small program, KLauncher gives an
error.  The same thing happens when I enter the freenet:// URL in
konqueror.

Apparantly something is not right at the point immediately before the
kio_freenet slave is created.  I've read the source of other IOSlaves
(nntp, ftp, gzip..) for hints but so far I'm befuddled.

My real question is, how would I further investigate?  Since the slave
itself is never instantiated, debug output in the code would be
useless.  What can I do?

-- kdDebug() --
kio (Slave): createSlave 'freenet' for
freenet:CHK@aO8nLQQA8M8yD2SSewgl72I87b8PAwI,~vK-JVDgUXVil4oxYR8Gug/freenet_girl.jpg
kio (KLauncher): KLauncher: launching new slave kio_freenet with
protocol=freenet
kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'kio_freenet' from launcher.
kio (KLauncher): Slave launched, pid = 0
kdeinit: PID 3975 terminated.
test: ERROR: ERROR 3: couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_freenet'.

--
Jay Oliveri                                  "In the land of the blind,
GnuPG ID: 0x2EC6780C                          the one-eyed man is king."