List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDM failing under FreeBSD 4.3
From:       "Milo Hyson" <milo () cyberlifelabs ! com>
Date:       2001-08-15 13:58:23

KDE_2_2_RELEASE works great if I launch it manually via startx. However, KDM
is being a pain. It doesn't matter whether I start it by hand
(/usr/local/kde/bin/kdm -nodaemon) or automatically via /etc/ttys. The
result is the same. As soon as the X-Server starts up, it dies with the
following message:

	Greeter returned non-zero exit code 256

Is there a log file somewhere or something else that might shed some light
on this issue?

- Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs, LLC