List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KWinTV
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-15 6:47:52

On Tuesday 14 August 2001 17:09, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:

> Actually xawtv does both, it switches to the bets resolution AND uses V4L
> to scale the picture.

   You mean Xv, not V4L, right?   I didn't see it switch resolution for me
but perhaps it does.  The interface is very harsh (as you said below) and I'm
not too interested in mastering it.  Maybe I'm missing a "switch resolution"
option.

> Great to see someone create an alternative to xawtv, which is technically
> nice, but sucks GUI-wise. Maybe you could ask the author of xawtv to do a
> port/merge to KDE ? Sounds like a better idea than only fixing kwintv.

   Yes xawtv looks to be very nice, technically.  I'm looking forward to
seeing how they do many things.

   I don't want to merge with xawtv though, because it's all C code.  I'm
trying to make KWinTV more C++... making it a KPart, etc.  I think it's
better to just port over the necessary stuff and then expand in our own
direction.

--

George Staikos