On Tuesday 14 August 2001 17:09, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote: > Actually xawtv does both, it switches to the bets resolution AND uses V4L > to scale the picture. You mean Xv, not V4L, right? I didn't see it switch resolution for me but perhaps it does. The interface is very harsh (as you said below) and I'm not too interested in mastering it. Maybe I'm missing a "switch resolution" option. > Great to see someone create an alternative to xawtv, which is technically > nice, but sucks GUI-wise. Maybe you could ask the author of xawtv to do a > port/merge to KDE ? Sounds like a better idea than only fixing kwintv. Yes xawtv looks to be very nice, technically. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do many things. I don't want to merge with xawtv though, because it's all C code. I'm trying to make KWinTV more C++... making it a KPart, etc. I think it's better to just port over the necessary stuff and then expand in our own direction. -- George Staikos >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<