List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Mom test
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () zvw ! de>
Date:       2001-08-11 16:35:02

On Saturday, 11. August 2001 15:37, Martijn Klingens wrote:

> In that respect calling it "Document" everywhere where you have a
> document-centric app and "Application" (or the actual name of the app)
> otherwise wouldn't be bad. Anyone who is new to computers would probably
> find that more intuitive.

It should have the same name in _every_ app, so the accelerator key is always
the same. The name of the app is totally unusable for this (if the names of
all KDE apps would begin with - or at least contain - a K, we could use Alt-K
though ;-).

> Sad fact is that there are millions of users out here pre-programmed to
> look for a "File" menu. I think it is in a way sad that naming things the
> way they should be upsets so much people on the short term that the long
> term advantage that  it is actually better doesn't count.

We could make it configurable ;-)
(DON'T TAKE THIS SERIOUS!)

--
Windows XP applications should [behave like good citizens] to follow the rules
you learned in kindergarten: share your resources, play well with others,