List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: More info; was: KDoubleNumInput issue
From:       TAnGorN (Anatoli Gorchetchnikov) <anatoli () cns ! bu ! edu>
Date:       2001-08-11 16:32:32

On Saturday 11 August 2001 10:45 am, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Sam, 11 Aug 2001, TAnGorN wrote:
> > value on entry of init 4
> > value on exit of init 4
> > value on entry of setRange 4
> > value after bounds check 4
> > value after floor 3.99
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Ok, I guess the difference is because I compile with
> --enable-debug.

Yes. Just tried with --enable-debug, and this problem disappear. But
there still is weirdness with "cash" setting:
it starts as 16.10
first up arrow makes it 16.12
second does nothing
third brings it to 16.22,
then every third pumps it up by 0.1...

down arrow always drops it by 0.1 as it should.

> Please try this patch:

Back without --enable-debug: it fixes the initial setting, but the
problem above persists. I just did more debug output:
the actual increase of value happens when no sliderMoved was called.
Decrease works better no matter whether sliderMoved was called or not
(but still sets the last digit to 2 if it was called).

Seems like when the slider simply follows the change of value, it
should not modify it. When it actually sets the value, then there
should be a round off to the step.

--
WBR,
TAnGorN