List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE I/O Slave -- Redirect Failure
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-08-07 19:09:11

On Tuesday 07 August 2001 18:35, Ben Schepens wrote:
> I am creating a I/O Slave (for now "hello" is the protocol
> name I am using).
>
> When I call the 'redirect' method, within the 'get' method
> of the I/O Slave, it only works propely for HTTP types
> of URLs.  All others, FTP, MAILTO, etc, will not properly redirect.

      KURL newUrl("smb://host/path/");
      redirection(newUrl);
      finished();
      return;

should work. If you know you are redirecting to a dir, append a "/", if you
know it's a file, don't.
The problem with the trailing slashes is currently handled by every single
ioslave manually. Maybe we should do something for KDE 3.

Bye
Alex