List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2 tagged
From:       "Erik K. Pedersen" <erik () binghamton ! edu>
Date:       2001-08-07 19:28:59

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Andreas Pour wrote:
>
> > This raises the bigger point:  why package all kinds of programs that
> > have a small user base into a core package?
>
> It wouldn't have to be a core package (just like kdenonbeta isn't) - but
> keeping those apps in our CVS tree can't hurt.
>
> LLaP
> bero

Why in the world do you think it would have a smaller userbase. kde has a
lot of programs aimed at developers etc, the userbase for kbabel, which is
really wonderful I think, and I would have a hard time to live without it,
is certainly small. It would be wonderful if the
kind of programs that my wife asks for, programs like say printshop, and
cookbook for that matter would begin to be made.

Erik