List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SSL Settings
From:       George Staikos <staikos () nitro ! 0wned ! org>
Date:       2001-08-04 16:00:39

On Sat, 4 Aug 2001, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:

> Greetings,
> 	Ever since the SSL stuff changed I have had problems with
> SSL.  I am now running 0.9.6b and still I cannot use SSL on
> some sites.  It tells me there cert is invalid.  What is
> the best set of settings so I can use SSL on the most web
> pages.

    Which sites?  I'm away from my dev machine until Tuesday so i can't
test it on Konqueror, but perhaps I can help.  In any case, sites that
require chain verification _require_ SSLv3 enabled.  I fixed all the old
bugs that make SSLv3 not work so it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

   I couldn't add a new string saying "requires chain verification and
SSLv2 doesn't support that" due to the message freeze so it should go in
the next release.