List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bugs.kde.org autodetection UI
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-04 13:04:26

On Saturday 04 August 2001 00:17, John Firebaugh wrote:
> > > Did you check any of the boxes on the page that says "Check any boxes
> > > that  are incorrect"?
> >
> > Wow! Now that's counter-intuitive!

Hmmmpf.... Whenever I check the marks by default so people should _uncheck_
what's incorrect it's wrong and when I uncheck and people should check them
instead it's wrong as well.

It's just that you have a proper solution below, or I would have given up
completely...

> You are not the first to make this mistake. Therefore, that page does not
> have a good UI. Here is what I suggest:
>
> The page in question has only the list of items (Version, Complier, etc)
> and no checkboxes. Above it is the text "Is the following information
> correct?" Below are two buttons, "Incorrect" and "Correct." Clicking the
> latter will have the same result as leaving all boxes unchecked does now.
> Clicking the former will result in the details page with fields for all
> items _prefilled_ with the original information.

Great idea! Don't ask me why I didn't think of that before, I don't know.

/me hacking the bug wizard (again)...

Martijn