List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Printer configuring
From:       "kotorosl" <kotorosl () yaroslavl ! ru>
Date:       2001-07-31 12:33:48

> Hmm!
> For experts this shouldn't be a problem, but KDE is aming towards other
> usergroups. Any way to handle this papersize problem more userfriendly, at
> least a warning, that the page size (and /or orientation?) does not fit ?

Sorry for the resonance I've caused...

Surely, gv showed no problem existed. I've even printed the page, and
everything was OK! But... Konqy DEFINITELY refused to change the page size
(that is why I thought I've choosed A4 in Print Dialog, but it was not so).
Selecting View-Page Size-A4 (I don't know how it sounds in English - I use
the Russian version of KDE) does nothing. Maybe this is the case? It's a
real bug if it is so.

BTW it seems to me that it is really good that many users are choosing
Linux, and the only bad thing is that they are usually have a lot of stupid
questions bothering the system experts. But how could be else?...

Kind regards,

Elijah