List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: reason behind fno-exceptions?
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-31 8:16:17

On Die, 31 Jul 2001, Michael Brade wrote:

> > > C++ exceptions horrible/horribly implemented, and if you do serious work
> > > where you need to know whats going on you deactivate them or use C.
> > Now I'm really curious on how to use exceptions with C.
> I think you misunderstood, he meant: if you don't want exceptions you either
> disable them or you use C.

Oh, then its even worse. I'd never attempt to use C for any serious work.
Its the same with Perl btw. It might be nice for a hack between getting up
and having breakfast, but not when it comes to larger projects. I can only
laugh about those poor people who have to reimplement the virtual-method /
method paradigm with cpp tricks and similiar just because their poor
language has no support for such fundamental principles. If I want real
masturbation I use assembler, not C.

BTW I consider using C++ and C++ with exceptions to be two different things,
as you need two completely different programming paradigms for these
variants. Mixing both only combines both's disadvantages though.

Dirk