List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Printer configuring
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <f.gassauer () aon ! at>
Date:       2001-07-31 6:26:10

On Tuesday 31 July 2001 07:43, Pavel Troller wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Sorry an unexperienced one for the stupid question...
> >
> > How can I configure my HP Laserjet 4L to work correctly with Konqy and
> > KMail? When printing the page it seems to start just from the top of the
> > sheet, and additionally the upper part is cleared on aprox. 5 mm height.
> > Cups configuring does nothing. How can I fix that?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Elijah Schurov
>
> Hi!
>   Suffering from the same. I carefully set the page size to A4 but it
> didn't help. I'm using lprng, not cups, but the result is identical.
>   Printing from StarOffice or Acrobat Reader is perfect.
>   I'm afraid that this has been discussed here with the result result of
> being it Qt bug.
>                                 With regards, Pavel Troller

I can NOT reproduce this here using CUPS.
Besides the known issues
* that printing html pages causes some overlaping text at the end / begining
of the page everything works fine.
* that certain pdf files (mostly landscape) can't be printed
everything works fine

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dr. Ferdinand Gassauer