List:       kde-devel
Subject:    mouse / keyboard interactions in current CVS is broken for me
From:       Andreas Hartmann <andihartmann () freenet ! de>
Date:       2001-07-30 16:11:53

Hello all,

I'm using "focus follows mouse" and I get the following problem:

1. Open kate with a blank document
2. Open a konsole-window
3. Do a "ls -l" in konsole
4. Mark something of the output from ls -l in the konsole with the mouse
5. switch with alt-tab to kate.
6. Do a click with the middle key of the mouse to insert the marked
text.
7. Now, the konsole-window get's active again and nothing is inserted.
The keyboard is blocked until you click somewhere else on the window of
kate.

After 4., the results can be other than described, too. For example, you
can switch with alt-tab to only one programm. alt-tab-tab ... is not
working.
If keyboard is blocked after alt-tab, I can drag the window of a
programm clicking with the left key of the mouse across the screen. It
makes no difference, where you click on the window of the programm.
If I let go the left mouse key, all works fine again usually.

Kind reagrds,
Andreas Hartmann