List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: K start menu icon ideas
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2001-07-29 9:19:11

On Saturday 28 July 2001 01:36, Sheldon Lee Wen wrote:
> I think together, a larger and more obvious "start
> button" and the tooltip would help this area tremendously.
No, please, I don't agree here. Just making the "start" button bigger won't
help at all IMHO. Normal users are not blind and if they are used to windows
they *will* know where to look for the start button. If someone won't find
the button like it is now he will perhaps find it if it is two times that big
but not because of intuition but "Hey, what's this fat thing doing there".
This does not solve the problem but works around it. And making it bigger
will reduce the space of the anyways always too small kicker! And think about
it, you won't be a complete newbie for too long ;)

Well, just my $0.01...

Ciao,
  Michael

PS: we could make it configureable *SCNR* :-)

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.