List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: --enable-final broken in kdelibs/kssl
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-27 20:15:09

On Friday 27 July 2001 15:49, Pavel Troller wrote:
> > Wow this looks corrupt.  Some of these messages make no sense to me.  Are
> > you sure your kdelibs/kssl is up to date too?  Perhaps the compiler just
> > can't handle it?  (I'm using 2.96.x)
>
> Hi!
>   My story is as follows:
>   1) I updated kdelibs.
>   2) I read that OpenSSL-0.9.6 is required to build kssl.
>   3) I downloaded and installed OpenSSL-0.9.6b from its sources.
>   4) I tried to build kdelibs using the most deep cleanup
>      (make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean)
>   5) I obtained the above results.
>   6) I reconfigured kdelibs and omitted --enable-final.
>   7) I compiled kdelibs smoothly.
>   8) I verified by accessing the https site and exporting its cert that new
> kssl works.
>
>   My private feeling is that some KDE code is changing the semantics of the
> STACK or other stuff
> (it complains about a syntax error before -> but there is no -> in the line
> it indicates so I think some #define is making it crazy).
>  I will try to compile again and look to the preprocessed output. Maybe it
> will tell us more.

  Ah yes, it does that.  Thanks to OpenSSL using a STACK_OF(x) container
which is built with preprocessor concatenation.

   I believe I have fixed the problem.  enable-final makes a bad assumption -
that .cc files can be concatenated.  sk_* were #defined in some files, but
declared in others.  This certainly breaks things!!  It's not always valid to
do!  Anyhow, try updating kdelibs/kssl from cvs.  If that doesn't fix it,
email me back asap (I'll be around for another hour or so) and I know a
different fix but it requires lots of function renaming.

--

George Staikos