List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Remove Dark Background color schemes? (Digital CDE?)
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-27 18:58:31

#if Moritz Moeller-Herrmann

> Well the bug is in the followiung styles:
> High Color Standard, B3, KDE-SGI, KDE-Standard, KDE-Step, High Color
> KDE-Step, Mega Gradient, QT-Platin, QT-Windows, Risc-Os, System, Web
> Style.
>
> So it is not " a shortcoming in THE style". It is fixed in TWO
> QT-Styles.

Actually, I think the fact it is 'fixed' in the Motif-based styles is an
accident, due to the way that these styles 'polish' the palette so as to
ignore the user's preferences and keep to the Motif style.

I think the real bug is in QListViewItem::paintBranches(), where the
foreground is set to g.dark() instead of g.text(), but there might be an
off-by-one error in my calculation there, as the way the Qt colour group
/ palette system should be used isn't exactly clear.

So, we could either have visible branches for QListViewItems when the
background is dark, or we could respect the user's highlight colour
selection. Take your pick.

Rik