List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Replace korn with kbiff?
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2001-07-26 18:04:18

On Thursday 26 July 2001 09:00 am, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:
> is there any reason why korn is in KDE while kbiff isn't? Both are
> email notifiers. Korn crashes with the "web style", can't deal with imap
> or even maildir boxes and so on. kbiff OTOH can do all this and more.

Yes, there is a reason -- Korn has somebody that agrees to maintain it..
KBiff doesn't.

KBiff is my "baby", the first KDE app I ever wrote.  However, I just can't
justify spending the necessary amount of time to handle bug fixes and feature
requests.  That's why KBiff was removed from kdenetwork after being in it for
quite a few releases.

I've tried at least 4 times in the past to get somebody else to maintain it..
but for one reason or another, none of them have panned out.  Until somebody
agrees to ACTIVELY (no half-assed attempts.. I can do that on my own) care
for it, it'll have to stay out of KDE CVS.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop