List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Newbie KDE/QT Programming question...
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-20 10:48:53

On Friday 20 July 2001 12:32, John Toon wrote:
> KDE 2.0 Developmet, by David Sweet et al. There is a link to download
> the PDF version from the KDE Developer site.
>
> > Here your program doesn't link, because you're using KDE libs classes
> > but do not link with the kde libraries.
>
> In which case, unless I'm mistaken, there is an error in the book's
> example. Verify it by reading the example starting on page 46, under
> "Sample use of the moc".

After re-reading that chapter I think the example was supposed to be a
Qt-only application and they decided to change that at the last moment. At
least it explains why everything KApp specific breaks, but not why the
slotButton is wrong. Hmm...

BTW, you know that the book is also available online in html format from
http://kde20development.andamooka.org ? And that that version can be
annotated by readers? See
http://www.andamooka.org/reader.pl?pgid=kde20develch03lev1sec4 for your
problem, it's mentioned there ;-)