List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Should kpaint stay in KDE 2.2
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-17 23:18:19

On Tuesday 17 July 2001 04:01 pm, Philipp Siegert wrote:
> I took a closer look at kpaint (kdegraphics package) the last two days. The
> program has some nasty bugs in the latest CVS version that make it quite
> hard to use. Here are the bugs I found:
>
> - File->Save does not work
> - After using File->SaveAs the filename on the top of the application
> refers to the old filename.
> - Opening remote urls didn't work. I think I fixed that. Should be in the
> CVS right now.
> - File->New. Then check "Keep picture ratio" on the upcoming dialog and
> enter a number. Then kpaint crashes.

> Of course I could report this bugs (I already reported one) but my concern
> is that they won't be fixed until the final release of KDE 2.2.

The idea is that we fix bugs whenever possible. If an aplication is beyond
repair we might remove it, but the list above seems quite fixable.

And no, I don't think kpaint is used very much, but I might be wrong.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Andrei Sakharov, Exciled 1980-1986, USSR, http://www.aip.org/history/sakharov/