List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Should kpaint stay in KDE 2.2
From:       Philipp Siegert <siegert () pp-services ! de>
Date:       2001-07-17 23:01:05

I took a closer look at kpaint (kdegraphics package) the last two days. The
program has some nasty bugs in the latest CVS version that make it quite hard
to use. Here are the bugs I found:

- File->Save does not work
- After using File->SaveAs the filename on the top of the application refers
to the old filename.
- Opening remote urls didn't work. I think I fixed that. Should be in the CVS
right now.
- File->New. Then check "Keep picture ratio" on the upcoming dialog and enter
a number. Then kpaint crashes.

Of course I could report this bugs (I already reported one) but my concern is
that they won't be fixed until the final release of KDE 2.2. There are few
open reported bugs. I wonder if the bugs in kpaint only appeared for short in
the CVS or if only a few people are using kpaint and noone reported any bugs.
The gap of removing kpaint from 2.2 wouldn't be that big, we have Krayon,
which implies the features offered by kpaint.
I don't wan't beginners to have programs which don't work correctly and
confuse them.

--
Philipp Siegert
siegert@pp-services.de