List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kghostview pdf-problems PRINTING
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-15 11:33:30

On Sunday 15 July 2001 14:16, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> On Saturday 14 July 2001 20:35, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> |   Hi!
> |   May I point to the fact that kghostview (or my setup?) has a lot of
> | problems displaying pdf files. IMHO they should be fixed for KDE2.2.
>
> What version of GhostScript do you have?
> GS 5.50 shipped by most of distros, is pretty old. (and it can handle only
> PDF 1.3, AFAIK)
> GNU GS 6.51 is out, besides there is a AFPL FS 7.0 which you can use
> privatly. Both of them should handle correctly PDF 1.3

I usualy try with 6.50. and alternate with 5.50

The problem I was addressing is that pinting a PDF file out of kghostview is
not possible. Can you check this please.

preview produces an empty page.

print to file (ps,pdf) produces a very short file with some PS /PDF
information but without actual content of the page.

--
KDE 2 - current CVS on SuSE 7.1, X86Free 4.0.3

regards
Ferdinand Gassauer
mailto:f.gassauer@aon.at
mailto:gassauer@kde.org