List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with configure toolbars
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2001-07-06 20:17:04

On Monday 02 July 2001 01:29 pm, David Faure wrote:
> ... looking at the code ... Hmm, indeed, reloadXML() forgets about the
> merged XML files, it simply reloads the main one. So, simply put,
> kedittoolbar doesn't currently support KParts apps that use ui_standards
> :(.

Right.  This is somewhat historical... when I wrote kedittoolbar, KParts
didn't support ui_standards at all.  Now it does but kedittoolbar was never
updated.

> I'm not sure how to fix it. setXMLFile() forgets about the name of the XML
> files except for the last one.... Maybe it should store a QStringList
> instead of just QString m_xmlFile (and making xmlFile() return the last of
> the list, same behaviour as currently) - and erase the list unless
> merge=true has been set. This way, reloadXML() could re-apply all the XML
> files (with merge = true except for the first one).
> Forcing ui_standards in kedittoolbar would be wrong imho, so this is the
> only solution. Simon, Kurt ?

This sounds reasonable to me.  I'm going to start looking into this right now
but I'll hold off if you are already working on it.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop