List:       kde-devel
Subject:    artsd
From:       Igor Gilitschenski <igi-g () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-07-01 12:31:49

Hi,

I have still problems with arts d accessing my oss card. After having
tested different Kernel Versions (2.4.4 and 2.4.5) and many programms
(mpg123 and xmms), directly accessing oss, I found out, that the problem
is located in the communiation between artsd and oss.
In IRC I was given a patch which adresses the oss driver a different
way. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to test this, yet.
I recall artsd to have worked about 2 / 1.5 months ago. Now it crashes
taking usually over 95% of my CPU percentage.
The exit message is (as expected): cpu overload, aborting
My question is: What modifycations were taken on the Code communicating
with oss/sound hardware within the lsast 2 months?

Igor
--
"Die Wirklichkeit ist nicht die Wahrheit"
- Realitaetspinzip, 1983, Erich Fried