List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror and cnn.com
From:       Nils Holland <nils () nightcastleproductions ! org>
Date:       2001-06-30 20:19:46

Hi folks,

I updated my KDE sources today, and after having done that, I noticed
something that looks like a small problem.

Please try accessing the following URL: http://cnn.com. On the top of the CNN
site, you will see some (rather annoying) Netscape "tool-bar" (or whatever I
should call it). In the version of Konqueror included in KDE 2.1.1, as well
as in the CVS version obtained last Saturday, that Netscape-bar was shown
correctly, as the following screenshot proves:
http://www.nightcastleproductions.org/misc/konq2.png.

Now, using Konqeuror from CVS as of this morning, the Netscape-bar is
displayed incorrectly, as can be seen here:
http://www.nightcastleproductions.org/misc/konq1.png.

I don't know what causes this, and although I don't really care about this
Netscape-thingy on the CNN page, it still seems possible that a bug was
introduced in Konqueror / khtml during the last week. If so, it possibly also
affects other sites and needs fixing.

I hope that others can reproduce the behavior as sown in my two screenshots.
If not, I'll have to see if something is set up wrong here - but besides
performing my weekly "CVS update procedure", I changed nothing on my setup,
and thus the thing described above seems like a Konqeuror problem to me.

Nils

Nils Holland - nils@nightcastleproductions.org
NightCastle Productions - Linux in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.nightcastleproductions.org
"Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance -
I hope you dance!"