List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: html parsing
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-06-30 20:55:30

On 28 Jun 2001, Dirk Mueller wrote:
>On Mit, 27 Jun 2001, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
>
>> According to my experience, you cannot use KHTML without a view.
>
>We'll you can hide it. ;-) Antti made some changes to not rely on a

Hiding it still means that you have a view! But KOffice's filter a more like
command-line oriented tool, having a view is not for free!

And I just need code that parses a HTML file into a DOM tree, I do not need a
bunch of other features. Loading external files (images, scripts, objects...)
for example is even counter-productive, as I have to do it again for most
files in the filter itself.

>KHTMLView, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I have downloaded the current CVS HEAD kdelibs and I have quickly browsed in
the code. However, the problem I had with the <title> tag is still there!

In lines 459/460 of kdelibs/khtml/html/html_headimpl.cpp, the code contains:

    if ( !d->view()->part()->parentPart() )
        emit d->view()->part()->setWindowCaption( s.visual() );

Therefore when you have no view, you have a nice crash here!

And this was the bug easy to fix (just test if d->view() is non-null), the
next bug I had found was much more difficult to fix. (However, I cannot
remember where it was!)

>Dirk

Have a nice day/evening/night!