List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde-app and diabled icons
From:       Thomas.Satzinger () t-online ! de (Thomas Satzinger)
Date:       2001-06-30 20:56:14

On Saturday 30 June 2001 21:41, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Saturday 30 June 2001 21:19, Thomas Satzinger wrote:
> > hi there,
> >
> > i use kdevelop to create an app
> > the wizard buils a couple of standard menus, some with icons.
> > the disbled ones look very pretty, shaded in color
> > when i add my own icons, they look good enabled, but disabled they
> > look like black carved.
> > what do i do wrong at this point
> > any ideas?
>
> How do you load the icons? Using for example SmallIcon or SmallIconSet from
> kiconloader.h? IIRC the QIconSet has different images for different states,
> the normal icon that is used otherwise has not.

i do the following
KGlobal::instance()->iconLoader()->loadIcon( "name_of_icon_file",
KIcon::NoGroup, KIcon::Small )

i have the icon in $kde_dir/share/icons

i have read somewhere, that kde takes care to apply the visual effect for
different situations(enabled/disbaled)but somehow it doesn´t work here for me

i think i did oversee something very aesy

-t.