List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KJanusWidget use
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-29 17:59:19

On Friday 29 June 2001 17:43, Malte Starostik wrote:
> 		QHBoxLayout *layout = new AHBoxLayout(ptr_priority);
                                                      ^^^^^^^ Typo
Should be QHBoxLayout, but this is probably obvious ;-)

> 		layout->setAutoAdd(true);
>
> > 		page_priority = new KSRPriorityTable(ptr_priority);
> >
> > This adds the widget, but I can only view a small portion of the widget.
> > I cannot figure out how to resize it.  When I make this class the main
> > view, it displays fine.
>
> You need a layout for that. The above two lines should do it.

You can even make use of the fact that Qt auto-deletes child objects, so you
don't have to keep the layout in a variable unless you want to use it more
than once:

( new QHBoxLayout( ptr_priority ) )->setAutoAdd( true );

I guess some people consider this ugly coding, though I personally find it
very useful to distinguish between dummy objects that are created and
forgotten (not assigned to a var at all), class members (m_xxxx naming) and
other local objects that are used in a method, but not afterwards ('normal'
var naming). I know from the IRC channel that at least Charles uses this
technique as well.

Martijn